Friday, November 2, 2012

Feel Good on Friday

I find that I am more motivated to take care of myself physically when I feel good about myself emotionally and spiritually.

Here is a list of five things I did today to feel good about myself and about life.

1. Take ten minutes to clean and organize a spot in my house that typically goes ignored.  Today, it was my food storage.
2.  Sit down with a notebook and a pencil.  Daydream, scheme, plot, and plan things that I would like to do someday.  It may never happen, but I will get excited just thinking about it.  And why not get excited?  You never know!
3. Put on really good music.  Like Shakira.  Or Taylor Swift. Or Michael Buble.
4. Send a text, email, facebook message, or old fashioned letter with stamp if you have the time/energy, to someone I've been thinking about recently, but haven't talked to in a while.  I'll say "Hi, I hope you're doing well!"
5. Pay my bills and organize my finances.

Phew! 

What small things do you do to un-clutter your mind and soul?

4 comments:

  1. Today I organized the top shelf in my children's closet. And it felt awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel so good, doesn't it? Every time you walk past you feel all sparkly and clean, just because that spot looks good.

      Delete
  2. I cleaned today. And worked on some crafts. And it felt AMAZING!!

    Good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What crafts did you work on? The girls have been wearing the bows in their hair, and I think they look really cute. Thanks for working on those with me!

      Delete