Thursday, September 20, 2012

It's Really The Little Things That I dream About...

Like a small six pack.
A little thigh here, a little thigh there...
Little boobs.

It's whatever. 

Today was a bit stressful for me. I am going to school full time now (to be a theatre teacher! yay me!), and have been spending my days applying for financial aid - which should explain everything about my stressful day.  But the little things made my day today!

I have Musical Theatre on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  We are in a children's musical right now - the story of Scrooge!  Which has been fun so far.  I am the Ghost of Christmas Past, Mrs. Cratchet, and Mrs. Dilber.  The stress of memorizing lines and songs never ever outweigh the stress of having to fit into 3 costumes.  THREE DIFFERENT COSTUMES!?! Good gracious me...

[Today was fitting day.]

Extra sit ups this morning - check.
Don't breathe when she's measuring you - check.
Exhale when she measures my rib cage - check (I have large ribs to hold up my large... lungs?)
Don't chuckle when she measures the "nip to nip" - half check...
Definitely don't chuckle when she measures from inner thigh to floor - whoops....

She proceeds to hand me a dress.  "If this fits your... if this fits you we'll just use this for both your characters. Oh and this is for the Ghost part - I can let it out if you need me to... just try it on okay?" She meant to say boobs.  If this fits your boobs... My arms are quite large as well for this time period. So I begrudgingly drag myself to the dressing room... prepared for the worst.  I slip out of my comfy oversized sweater and jeans and into the cold silky Ghost costume...

IT ZIPPED. 

I am almost brought to tears... I walk out and show the costume designer.  She looks at me.
"Oh my gosh, Alex! That looks so beautiful on you!"  blush blush blush gush gush gush blush blush some more! Okay one down... one to go.  I put on the other dress.... flat boob. FLAT. BOOB.  It looks like Alison's butt (my apologies love) on my chest.  Well, it's just going to have to work... There isn't enough material to let the dress out.  It's just going to have to work... 

This is the start to not ever having to have it "just work".   I have started a new diet and exercise plan just to get me started.  I don't need to be Jillian, but I need to start somewhere! So here it is:

Morning:
6am - Take Godiva on a 1 mile walk.
7am- Breakfast: Eggs, slice of whole wheat toast with sliced 1/4 of an avocado on it
10am - Piece of fruit to keep me going! 
Afternoon:
12pm - Lunch: two lettuce wraps! Lettuce, three pieces of lean turkey, slice of 1/3 less fat provolone cheese, sliced tomatoes, and mustard.  Some raw veggies as a side.  
3pm- snack time.  I haven't decided what to have for a snack here - if you have suggestions that would be easy for me to take to school that would be AWESOME. 
Evening:
5pm- Dinner: I am so spoiled, Michael (my sweet sweet boyfriend) makes me dinner.  He makes such a delicious tilapia dish with veggies and salad for sides! If he cheats and makes pasta (our go-to quick dish) we use whole wheat noodles! And he's always really great about divvying out my portion for me (personal portion control!) because lets be real, I am Italian and will eat the whole darn thing if you let me. 
6pm- Take Godiva on a 1 mile walk
7pm: Dessert.  But only 3 times a week.  So it better be UH-mazing.  I think it's important to spoil myself every once in a while.  A diet is not a punishment.  Food is not a punishment/reward.  But it's suppose to be something I enjoy doing! I want to make sure that my body is on the same page... 

So that's my start guys! Let me know what you think.  If you have any favorite meals for dinners or good portable healthy lunches I am so game for suggestions! I know walking the dog isn't good enough to consider it as "exercise", but it's a start ya know?  I am going to start incorporating some swim time on Tuesday and Thursday mornings pre Musical Theatre.  Soooooooon....

                                                       A big thanks to my little helper!



Hope you enjoyed my small adventures of zippers and little starts to big changes.  
(And just FYI: 8 inches "nip to nip")


6 comments:

  1. Yeah, you're going about it the right way...starting out by making small adjustments in what you're already doing, then scaling up to more significant life changes. It will only result in positive results.

    Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH. NO. YOU. DID. NOT! compare your flat boobs to my *ahem* ever so slightly round butt. roast ya face!

    As for the second snack. you could eat some PB (get iiiiiit!) with a banana, or apple, or crackers. I mean, not a lot of PB, but a tablespoon or so. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmmmm you love me?!

    Ooooo PB. DONE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 30 healthy snacks: some of them like the strawberries drizzled in chocolate you could sub for one of your dessert nights. chocolate or carmel flavored fruit is always healthier than a cake, and you could make it taste pretty good!
    http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/healthy-eating/nutrition/the-you-can-do-it-diet-snacks/?page=2

    9 healthy soups:
    http://www.fitsugar.com/Healthy-Soup-Recipes-19267504?slide=1

    500 calorie dinners:
    http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/you-can-do-it/500-calorie-dinner-recipes/?page=1

    lowfat protein pumpkin cheesecake mousse:
    http://www.fitsugar.com/Light-Recipe-Pumpkin-Cheesecake-Mousse-20378866

    6 week weightloss plan with planned out meals/ recipes and grocery lists
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/six-week-weight-loss-meal-plan-week-1

    ReplyDelete